Saturday 25 February 2012

Well Ma, you've been busy! Can't believe my ever so slightly techno-challenged mother is now a blogger! And loving it! I'm so proud ;) So, what to write today... As mum's said, she lives in Greece and I live in London. Sometimes it's hard having someone you love going through something like this and feeling like you can't do anything to help them. But weirdly I don't think many people in my situation who live round the corner from their mum would feel any different. I'd love to go 10 rounds with the big C and kick it's stinking sorry arse until it had no more fight left in it and would admit defeat! I'd like to get in a "flight of the navigator"-type microscopic space ship and travel around my mum's body nuking every single cell! And do a ridiculous fist pumping, caber tossing, football kicking, pelvic thrusting, dad-like victory dance knowing I, wonder woman, have cured my mum of Cancer. Meanwhile back on planet earth, I have to leave this job to doctor Papadopodiplodocustyrranosaurusrexopoulos (or something like that) He's pretty good I guess, I mean my mum's still healthy after 6 years of this, but I still think they should let me at it!!! So, seeing as I can't be there, i try to let my mum know that I'm right there with her in spirit and I'm always here to talk. We are best friends and there's nothing I can't tell her and she tries to protect me from it all sometimes, ,but I'd rather know and deal with it together. I guess all people are different and cope in different ways, but as I said in my first post I think looking in the bright side is the way forward! I have an amazing, strong, loving, brilliant mum and really she's the wonder woman. More soon! G x

No comments:

Post a Comment